Terms and Conditions2020 / 2021
Terms & Conditions
We at U River Cruises want to do everything we can to make sure your trip is enjoyable and worry-free. Please review the terms and conditions as payment of a deposit represents an acceptance of the U River Cruises Terms and Conditions.
Prices: All fares are per guest in Australian Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Fares are capacity-controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Fares for single guests are available upon request. If you have purchased your airfare with U River Cruises and/or you have purchased a cruise package with U River Cruises that includes air, your entire package price will be guaranteed at time of initial payment. Additional restrictions may apply.
Reservations and Payments
A deposit of at least 10% of the cruise fare per person is required within 72 hours of reservation. Cruise fare is defined as the cruise, plus port charges less all applied discounts at time of booking. Final payment is due at least 120 days prior to departure. Reservations will be cancelled if final payment is not received in a timely manner. For all guests booking air travel with U River Cruises, a separate non-refundable airfare deposit of $500 per person is required at time of booking. Upon receipt of air deposit your airfare, tax and fuel surcharges are final. You may cancel any unticketed air booking within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund of the airfare deposit. Your travel agent shall, on receipt of any monies, hold such monies for each and every person named in the booking until the booking is confirmed at which times those monies shall be remitted promptly by your Travel Agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law. We will be entitled to keep for each account any interest earned on such monies. It is a condition of our confirmation of your booking and acceptance of your cruise, that these monies may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit or in respect of the services to be provided or fees payable under the cruise program, and the payment of a deposit or otherwise for your cruise or cruise/tour, shall be deemed to be a direction to disburse such monies as aforesaid.
U River Cruises may offer guests the ability to be waitlisted on some sold out departures. If you choose to make a waitlist, a fully refundable deposit of $250 per booking is required at the time the waitlist is made and can only be paid by credit card. Uniworld will contact guests when their requested accommodations become available. Pricing will be effective from the date the waitlist request was created. Once a waitlist request is confirmed, standard payment and cancellation policies will apply to the new booking. You can remain on the waitlist until the day of departure, after which the waitlist will automatically cancel and we will refund all monies paid to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. If you wish to cancel your waitlist before this time, please contact our Reservations department.
Items Not Included in the Published Price
These include, but are not limited to, airfares to and from your destination; airport/departure taxes; excess baggage charges; aircraft seat assignments; Arrival and departure transfers, meals not detailed in the itinerary, cost of passports and visas; taxes; laundry; phone calls; all items of a personal nature; items not included on regular menus; beverages (except for water, tea and coﬀee - available at the self-serve coﬀee station); expenses for additional sightseeing not specified in the itinerary; and health, accident, baggage, or travel protection plans.
Alcoholic Beverages Onboard
Spirits, wine and beer are available for purchase onboard. U River Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.
Gratuities are included.
We hope nothing will come between you and your U River Cruises holiday. Should you need to cancel your booking or any portion of it, your cancellation must be received in writing. It will be effective on the date of receipt. Cancellation charges, per person and based upon the date of cancellation, are as follows:
Cancellation Notice Received
Cruise Cancellation Charges
120 days or more:
119 – 90 days:
20% of the fare**
89 – 60 days:
35% of the fare**
59 – 30 days:
50% of the fare**
Less than 30 days:
100% of the fare**
100% of the fare**
**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise, land, purchased from Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Cancellation charges are calculated against the amount payable to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. for any cruise, land, purchased from Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that might be levied by your travel agent. There is no refund for unused services or for unused portions of the trip. Gold Seal Protection program is non-refundable once paid to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that might be levied by your travel agent. There is no refund for unused services or for unused portions of the trip.
COVID-19 Rebook Cancellation Terms
Funds applied to a reservation in the form of a Funds Transfer of the penalties on a cancelled booking due to COVID-19, are non-refundable. Once applied to a reservation, should your travel plans change 120 days or more prior to the departure date a Future Travel Certificate will be issued in the same amount originally applied less any non-refundable items on the booking. Should your plans change less than 120 days prior to the departure date of the reservation these funds are non-refundable and will not be applicable to a future booking. Note: funds applied in in the form of a Funds Transfer of the non-penalized portion of a cancelled booking are subject to the standard cancellation schedule of the new booking.
Deposit Protection program – 5 Year Guarantee
Should your plans change and you cancel your booking one hundred and twenty (120) days or more prior to your cruise-tour start date, you will receive a credit of $250 per person, valid for up to five years from date of cancellation. This credit cannot be used as deposit or Gold Seal Protection payment for a future booking and can only be used as a credit (no cash value) towards a new booking on an alternative departure. Only one credit per person can be applied to each cruise or cruise/tour booked, and is combinable with all current U River Cruises promotions.
For additional worry-free travel, please consider the purchase of U River Cruises’ Gold Seal Protection Plan. Gold Seal Protection is non-refundable once paid to U River Cruises. It should be noted this Plan is not a replacement for comprehensive travel insurance and we strongly recommend that guests consider purchasing comprehensive travel insurance before they depart Australia.
A fee of $45 per person, per transaction, will be charged for any passenger name change; cruise date change (within the same calendar year only) or itinerary change made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking. A passenger name change, cruise date change or itinerary change within 120 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation subject to our cancellation policy and a new reservation must be made. Cancellation fees (as shown above) will apply. Any revision to a booking may result in the loss of a confirmed airline reservation, change fees (refer to the Air Travel change fees section for details) and increased airfare in addition to any charges levied by the airlines, which will be payable by the Passenger.
Airlines & Airfare: Airfares are subject to change or withdrawal at any time (without notice), and airlines reserve the right to change the payment due date at any point prior to ticketing. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by the airline concerned and passed on to the passenger.
Air Revision Fee: A fee of A$45 per person will be charged for any revision or alternation made to an airfare after confirmation, this charge will apply each time you make a change. If you change your air travel plans after your ticket is issued, you will be charged a A$100 per person per change fee, and you will be responsible for any increase in airfare and/or penalties levied by the airline, which may be up to 100% of the air ticket value.
Airline Cancellations: If you choose to cancel your air arrangements one hundred and twenty (120) days or more before departure your air deposit will be non-refundable, alongside any fees and charges the airline may impose for cancellation under the rules of the air ticket that has been issued by U River Cruises on your behalf. Inside 120 days the airfare costs are non-refundable.
Air Bookings and Restrictions: U River Cruises is not responsible for denied boarding or reissue costs due to an incorrect name, date of birth or gender information supplied to U River Cruises. Flight itineraries supplied prior to ticketing are subject to change without notice. Uniworld is not responsible for any inconvenience or costs or fees incurred as a result of delays, lost luggage, or disruption of air service. Flight itineraries provided are subject to change by the Air Carrier(s).
Seat Assignments and Special Services: Requests for seat assignments, special meals and special services must be made directly to the airline and any additional charges for those services are the Passenger’s responsibility to pay. Some airfares used by U River Cruises are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage. Please inquire with the airline for full details regarding frequent flyer mileage.
Baggage Fees, Baggage and Personal Belongings: U River Cruises allows one (1) suitcase, one (1) carry-on bag, and one (1) personal bag (handbag, computer case, etc.) per person onboard our ships and motor coaches. Airlines may have additional baggage restrictions and may impose additional fees for checked baggage and/or excess baggage. Additional taxes and surcharges may be collected by foreign government and non-government entities. Keep an eye on your baggage—it is your responsibility throughout the trip. Uniworld is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to baggage and/or personal belongings. .
Transfers are not included in your cruise fare however are available to purchase for the day of embarkation and disembarkation only, and are only applicable for transportation between designated airports and the ship. Please check the website at ubyuniworld.com for full details.
Munich Airport to Regensburg ship: Two transfers are available for purchase, one at 1:00pm and the second at 4:00pm.
Regensburg ship to Munich Airport: Two transfers are available for purchase, one at 7:00am and the second at 10:00am.
Private Car Transfer:
Private car transfers, up to two guests per car are available on day of embarkation and disembarkation only. Transfers include: Amsterdam Airport to Amsterdam Ship and vice versa, Budapest Airport to Budapest Ship and vice versa, Frankfurt Airport to Frankfurt Ship and vice versa, Paris, Charles de Gaulle Airport to Paris Ship and vice versa and Munich Airport to Regensburg Ship and vice versa.
U-documents will be ready to download 60 days prior to embarkation. Your booking must be paid in full and your passenger information completed before U-documents will be available.
A valid passport is required to travel on all U River Cruises programs. Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after the scheduled return date of the trip. You should check with your travel agent or the Australian Consulate Service for information regarding any necessary visas and other documentation. Non-Australian citizens must contact the appropriate consular office for entry requirements pertaining to your trip.
Any visa(s) or other documentation required for a particular itinerary is the sole responsibility of the guest. U River Cruises will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any passenger, or for any delays, damages and/or losses, including missed portions of your trip, related to improper travel documentation.
Due to government-imposed security/immigration measures, passport information and emergency contact information are required for all passengers prior to release of documentation.
Gold Seal Protection
U River Cruises' Gold Seal Protection Policy is available for purchase for $99 per person. Under this policy U River Cruises will provide you with 100% of the U River Cruises cancellation penalties in the form of a future cruise credit certificate, should you cancel your cruise / tour for any reason at time prior to 30 days before your originally scheduled flight departure date from Australia. Cancellation penalties are reimbursed in the form of a U River Cruises Cruise Certificate allowing you a two (2) year credit to travel with us at a later date. Please note that to be eligible for the “Gold Seal Protection”, you must enrol and pay for the policy at the time you make your original deposit. The certificate is issued in the event of cancellation and is valid for travel within two years from the date of issue, is non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. U River Cruises “Gold Seal Protection” does not cover any airfares purchased through U River Cruises or independently.
You can count on the value of U River Cruises’ experience and regional knowledge to make sure you enjoy your cruise even when conditions beyond our control occur. The very nature of a river, its sources, and networks of bridges and locks, means that there will be times when weather or other conditions in a region require U River Cruises to make adjustments and/or modifications to an itinerary. Although every effort will be made to keep itineraries, vessels, as they are shown in the brochure, U River Cruises reserves the right to substitute itineraries and vessels. In such cases, we will do everything we can to make sure the locations visited, the excursions taken or vessels offered are similar to the ones originally planned. Any changes to itineraries will not result in eligibility for a refund. Itineraries are subject to change without notice and may need to be altered specifically because of water levels, wind factors, or other conditions. Guests who choose to cancel or interrupt their cruise due to an itinerary change will be subject to our standard Cancellation Policy.
Advanced, Cancelled, or Delayed Sailing
Uniworld ("U River Cruises") reserves the right to cancel, advance, postpone or modify scheduled departure, return or itinerary dates, as well as locations, events and schedules, and may, but is not obligated to, substitute, vary, alter, reschedule, cancel and/or relocate any accommodations, vessels, modes of transportation and other aspects of the holiday. Uniworld is authorized to take these actions due to causes or circumstances of any kind or nature beyond Uniworld’s control, or causes or circumstances within Uniworld’s control that Uniworld deems to make such actions appropriate. Uniworld will not be liable for cancellation, delay, rescheduling or other adjustment or impact to a departure or itinerary, or other aspects of the vacation brought about due to force majeure or other circumstance beyond its control that prevents or interferes with any aspect of the cruise-tour, also including governmental and administrative actions. Company’s only liability will be to provide Passengers the amount it has received for the Contract in the form of a Future Travel Credit or at Uniworld’s discretion a refund of monies paid to Uniworld in connection with such cruise-tour. Uniworld is not responsible for other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or changes and is not liable for any cancellation or change costs or penalties incurred on other travel arrangements, including air tickets.
Security is a major concern to all of us and the situation globally is consistently changing. Events around the world, coupled with the “Travel Advisories” put out by various governments, may at times necessitate changes to the accommodations and itinerary or even trip cancellation. Risks are involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties. You must accept these risks and assume responsibility for your own travel decisions.
Personal Responsibility—COVID-19 Warning
We have introduced these enhanced hygiene protocols—for you, our other guests and our team members.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Australia Government Department of Health, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
We ask that you please take personal responsibility for your well-being. This begins with packing any personal protective equipment and sanitizers you require. Please adopt physical distancing and hygiene practices throughout your pre-trip travel arrangements and follow all health instruction whether physical signage, or requests from our professional staff, once you are holidaying with us.
In choosing to travel with U River Cruises, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s help keep each other safe and healthy.
Health and Mobility
The Company strives to provide a safe, enjoyable, and memorable travel experience for all passengers. The Company welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- Passengers are required to advise the Company at time of booking of any physical, medical, or other special needs that require accommodation. After the time of booking, should a Passenger develop a physical or medical condition that requires accommodation the Passenger is required to advise the Company.
- All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. The Company may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. The Company may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- The Company does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature.
- The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. The Company is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- Passengers should be aware that some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, the Company may make arrangements with carriers, hotels and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which the Company has no control. Accommodations on international tours may diﬀer from those in Australia. The Company cannot guarantee disability access or accommodations for passengers traveling on international tours. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company’s terms and conditions. The Company is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
You must be 18+ years of age at the time the cruise begins.
U River Cruises may, in its sole discretion decline the booking of any passenger, or remove any passenger who cannot comply with U River Cruises’ Terms and Conditions. U River Cruises is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from the cruise. Passengers agree not to hold U River Cruises or any of its entities liable for any action taken under these terms and conditions.
For the comfort of all our Guests, smoking is only permitted on the sun decks of our ships. Smoking is not permitted on motor coaches. This policy applies to all forms of smoking materials including vapor e-cigarettes.
Recreational Drugs & Illegal Substances
The possession and use of recreational drugs and illegal substances onboard any U River Cruises ship is strictly prohibited and will result in the immediate removal of the guest(s) at their own expense.
Please advise the U River Cruises reservation agent of specific dietary considerations and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please also indicate your needs when you complete the Passenger Information Form at ubyuniworld.com/pif.
Pets are not permitted on U River Cruises cruises.
Your Cruise Ticket Contract
Transportation aboard the ship is provided solely by the suppliers (Ship Owners) pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Passenger Ticket Contract that you will receive prior to embarkation. A copy of the form of the cruise ticket contract terms and conditions will be provided upon request. Please note the Passenger Ticket Contract includes a clause specifying the courts of Basel, Switzerland, as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes. The Passenger Ticket Contract is governed by the law of Switzerland and is subject to the limitations of liability and time limits for making claims under the Athens Convention Relating to the Carriage of Passengers and Their Luggage by Sea, 1974 (“Athens Convention”) and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 (“1976 Convention”). Where the terms of this Contract conflict with any applicable mandatory provision of law or international convention, including, where applicable, the Strasbourg Convention on the Limitation of Liability in Inland Navigation, 2012 (the “CLNI Convention”), the provisions of that law or convention prevail. Copies of applicable Conventions are available on request.
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd is permitted to promote U River Cruises cruises in Australia. U River Cruises are operated on ships owned or operated by Uniworld, referred to as “the operators”. Uniworld River Cruises S.A., referred to as the operators, is the agent for Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd who have empowered the operators to undertake the following duties:
- The operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the comparable services and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
- This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned operators.
- In the absence of their own negligence, neither the operators not their agents or cooperating organisations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitutions of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services accommodations or facilitations necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property or for injury illness or death or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not their direct employee or under their exclusive control including any act error omission default or negligence of any country government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the passenger, Baggage insurance is recommended. The carriers, hotels, and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors, they are not agents employees or servants of the Operators or their associated companies. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
- Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators, nor their agents or cooperating organisations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or injury.
- Transportation companies, airlines etc are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not onboard planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operators assume no responsibility in this connection. Enrolment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the company.
- Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd is only responsible for the services of reservation and ticketing. It does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the acts, omissions defaults, whether negligent or otherwise, of the operators. All matters arising in relation to the services provided by Uniworld River Cruises ( Australia ) Ltd, but not in respect of other things , are subject to the law of the State of New South Wales.
- Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to press: however Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances in relation to brochures, internet websites or any other printed collateral used to promote U River Cruises cruises. We reserve the right to make corrections as required.
- All bookings made with any provider of any transport, facilities, meals, other goods or of any services are subject to terms and conditions imposed by them. If you decide that you do not want to visit a country or part of a country you intended to visit because of any law, condition or requirement of any government or governmental authority, official , servant or agent, you are responsible for any costs, expenses, charges, fees, losses or damage incurred as a consequence an any cancellation or amendment fees. Neither Uniworld nor Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., accept any responsibility or liability for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, condition or circumstances.
The payment of a deposit and/or the issuance of tickets or vouchers shall be deemed your consent to the terms and conditions as presented herein. It is specifically agreed that this agreement is entered into in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and in the event any legal or equitable action is initiated concerning the interpretation, enforcement, or breach of any term, obligation, or duty as contained or related to these Terms and Conditions, the exclusive venue for such action shall be solely in the Courts of the State of New South Wales This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the law of the State of New South Wales, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Should your booking arrangements be made by your Travel Agent then the person affecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions described herein. In any legal action, arbitration, or other proceeding to enforce, interpret or construe the terms of this Agreement, or concerning any grievance relating to the cruise and/or tour, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable legal fees and expenses on a solicitor/client basis.
Time of Publishing
The Terms and Conditions listed are those in effect at the time of printing and remain in effect until replaced. These Terms and Conditions replace all previous versions.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
In order to process your U River Cruises booking, Uniworld River Cruises ( Australia ) Ltd., will need to use personal information for you and other passengers included in your booking, This personal information may include each passenger’s name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health , medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements, This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of your travel arrangements in addition to public authorities (such as customs and immigration ), security and credit checking organisations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, we may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for us ( eg: sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) go other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information.
We also use the personal information you provide to us to review and improve the cruises and services that we offer, and to contact you (by post , email and /or telephone) about other cruises. Tours and services offered by us, that you may be interested in. If you don’t want to receive this information, or if you want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us at U River Cruises, c/o - Uniworld River Cruises, Travel, House, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022. We may charge a fee for supplying you with this information as permitted by law.
On this website and in these Booking Conditions, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd, (CAN 149 428 348) is included in the expressions “U River Cruises”, “Uniworld River Cruises (Aust),”we”, ”us”, and “persons” taking advantage of the services offered by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., or other persons (if any) included with that person in the booking and that person’s or those person’s travel agent ( if any) are included in the expression “you”, ”your” or “passenger”.
UNIWORLD RIVER CRUISES (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD.
(ABN 31 149 428 348)
Travel House, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
ALL CONTINENTAL EUROPE CRUISES ARE OPERATED BY:
Uniworld River Cruises S.A.
5 rue Guillaume Kroll
When you sign up to receive our emails, you’ll be the first to know about the latest U news, featured excursions, festivals, exclusive deals, new destinations and more! Why plan your dream vacation any other way?