HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATE
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (Covid-19) developments and will continue to prioritize the safety of our guests and crew. We are aware of the latest travel advisories issued by the U.S. State Department and are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our ships, and we will continue to do so (with special measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19). We follow the recommendations from CLIA for onboarding procedures, requiring all persons boarding the ship (including guests, crew, service providers, local guides) to complete a questionnaire before entering. Anyone who has been to mainland China, South Korea, Iran or any municipality in Italy subject to quarantine measures by the Italian government within 14 days of the beginning of their trip will not be permitted to embark on any U River Cruises ship. Anyone who has had close contact with or helped care for anyone suspected or diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of embarkation will not be permitted onboard.
For additional details about our sanitation protocols, please click here:
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training, including information on how to look for symptoms.
- All outside railings are disinfected three times per day. The handrails of the gangway are wiped with disinfectant once an hour—or more often if needed.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Crew washes hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All buses and private transfer vehicles are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- All staterooms are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when coming back onboard the ship each day, when entering public spaces and before all meals.
For additional details about our onboarding procedures, please click here:
- Click here to view the questionnaire.
- Guests receive this questionnaire on the transfer from the airport, or at the gangway security point if no transfer is provided.
- Crew receives this questionnaire a few days before traveling.
- All others receive this questionnaire at the gangway security point.
- Boarding will be denied for all external people without a completed questionnaire.
- The onboard Hotel Manager will be informed if anybody answers a question with a “yes” and a follow-up temperature screening will be conducted. Any individual with a temperature detected at or above 100.4° F / 38° C will receive secondary screening to include a medical assessment and the final decision of whether or not they will be allowed onboard will be at the full discretion of the Captain and Hotel Manager.
To help alleviate the uncertainty our guests may be feeling about their upcoming cruise, we have released a temporary update to the terms of our cancellation policy for all 2020 cruises to allow our guests more time to make a decision about their travel plans. Guests can cancel up to 14 days prior to their cruise and receive a Future Cruise Credit for the penalty amount incurred at time of cancellation, or they can rebook any 2020 cruise without penalty. Non-penalized amount will be refunded at time of cancellation. Guests also have the option to rebook with one of our Travel Corporation sister brands for 2020 or 2021.
For additional details of the temporary updates to our cancellation policy, please click here:
- Valid for all 2020 bookings.
- Future Cruise Credit is based on penalty amount incurred at time of cancellation for the cruise and included land portion only, less nonrefundable fees such as the air cancellation fee of $450pp.
- Future Cruise Credit is considered used once applied and cannot be re-issued if new booking is cancelled.
- Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any 2020 or 2021 departure.
- In addition to U River Cruises, Future Cruise Credit is applicable to the following Travel Corporation brands: Uniworld, Trafalgar, CostSaver, Busabout and Contiki.
- Applies to the cruise/cruise-tour portion of trip only, airfare will be subject to cancellation fees if ticketed.
- For airfare booked through U River Cruises, airfare fees will be waived if not yet ticketed or a $450 fee will apply if the ticket was already issued at time of cancellation.
- Travel Protection Program fees are nonrefundable.
- These terms are temporary and are subject to change at any time.
For complete details, please call your Travel Advisor or U River Cruises at 1-800-883-8785.
At U River Cruises, we have always been committed to embracing diversity and inclusivity across all our brands. We do not support any inappropriate mistreatment of any individual, regardless of their nationality, race nor gender. Our onboard and onshore personnel remain committed to delivering the best vacation to each and every customer, regardless of where they come from.