WHAT TO KNOW DURING THIS TIME
It’s hard to grasp how much our world has changed over the past few weeks. We find ourselves in challenging times as COVID-19 increasingly impacts our everyday lives. As a community of world travelers, the prospect of staying indoors, social distancing and pausing your travel plans is especially frustrating. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these challenging times together. We all believe in the power of travel; its potential to open borders, connect cultures and drive local economies. Let us not forget that during these days and beyond; we will all be better for it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the rivers very soon.
We appreciate your patience during this high call volume time. To better serve you, we have created a new way for you to connect with our support teams. You now have the additional option to send us an email. We will just need the guests' last name and booking number along with your request. For a new booking, please provide the date and itinerary that you are interested in booking.
- If you are a Travel Advisor representing a U River Cruises guest, please email us at: Reservations@Uniworld.com or call our reservations line at 1-800-883-8785.
- If you are a Travel Advisor representing a group booking, please email us at: GroupInfo@Uniworld.com or call our Groups department at 1-800-425-0043.
- If you booked your cruise directly with U River Cruises, please email us at: ConsumerReservations@Uniworld.com or call our Consumer team at 1-800-883-8785.
Our office is open from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
If you are inquiring about one of the impacted 2020 cruises listed below and a U River Cruises representative hasn’t reached out to you or your travel advisor yet, please know that we will be contacting you in the near future to discuss your options.
IMPACTED 2020 CRUISES (updated Monday, August 24th)
As a result of the current global travel restrictions, all U River Cruises voyages have been suspended through September 30, 2020. If you have a booking on one of these suspended voyages, a U River Cruises representative will be contacting you or your travel advisor (if applicable) to discuss your options.
TEMPORARY POLICY UPDATES
2020 Cancellation Policy (updated March 27th)*
Guests can cancel up to 14 days prior to their departure and rebook with price protection for 2020 or 2021 departures (like for like, excluding September), or receive a Future Cruise Credit to be used in 2020, 2021 or 2022 departures. Airfares booked through U River Cruises are subject to airline cancellation fees. Guests also have the option to rebook with one of our Travel Corporation sister brands for 2020, 2021 or 2022.
*Revised cancellation policy as of March 27th, 2020. This supersedes all previous cancellation policies and is subject to change.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and will continue to prioritize the safety of our guests and crew. We are aware of the latest travel advisories issued by the U.S. State Department and are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our ships, and we will continue to do so (with special measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19). We follow the recommendations from CLIA for onboarding procedures, requiring all persons boarding the ship (including guests, crew, service providers, local guides) to complete a questionnaire before entering.
For additional details about our sanitation protocols, please click here:
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training, including information on how to look for symptoms.
- All outside railings are disinfected three times per day. The handrails of the gangway are wiped with disinfectant once an hour—or more often if needed.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Crew washes hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All buses and private transfer vehicles are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- All staterooms are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when coming back onboard the ship each day, when entering public spaces and before all meals.
For additional details about our onboarding procedures, please click here:
- Click here to view the questionnaire.
- Guests receive this questionnaire on the transfer from the airport, or at the gangway security point if no transfer is provided.
- Crew receives this questionnaire a few days before traveling.
- All others receive this questionnaire at the gangway security point.
- Boarding will be denied for all external people without a completed questionnaire.
- The onboard Hotel Manager will be informed if anybody answers a question with a “yes” and a follow-up temperature screening will be conducted. Any individual with a temperature detected at or above 100.4° F / 38° C will receive secondary screening to include a medical assessment and the final decision of whether or not they will be allowed onboard will be at the full discretion of the Captain and Hotel Manager.
At U River Cruises, we have always been committed to embracing diversity and inclusivity across all our brands. We do not support any inappropriate mistreatment of any individual, regardless of their nationality, race nor gender. Our onboard and onshore personnel remain committed to delivering the best vacation to each and every customer, regardless of where they come from.